Beginning on Monday, June 8, the City of Hamilton will start Stage One of the reconstruction work on Queen Street South. Stage One will continue throughout the summer months and will wrap up by the end of July, 2020.
Dates for the work are weather permitting, however at this time, Stage One is scheduled for:
– Queen Street South & Main Street West – June 8 to June 19
– Queen Street South & Hunter Street West – June 22 to July 3
– Queen Street South & Duke Street – July 6 to July 24
Each stage of the Queen Street South conversion project will include the following upgrades:
• Replacements of sidewalk corners and curbs
• New traffic signal poles and lights
• New audible pedestrian push buttons
• Enhanced bike lane safety features including new cycle paths, concrete separation curbs, bike lane knockdown sticks and bicycle traffic signal lights
• Traffic signal changes to include southbound movement
Stage Two is expected to begin in August. The entire project is scheduled to be complete by November 2020. Details and timelines can be found at: www.hamilton.ca/queenconversion.
More details on the traffic, noise and dust impacts will be shared over the coming weeks, and residents in the neighbourhood will be notified.
Motorists may experience minor delays, and HSR customers travelling westbound on Route #6 Aberdeen and southbound on Route #34 Upper Paradise should be aware of bus route detours.