As the result of physician pressures, Hamilton Health Sciences Urgent Care Centre (UCC) located at 690 Main Street West will be closed on December 25 and January 1.
The hospital notes, “we recognize the impact that such difficult decisions may have on our patients and their families. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We sincerely appreciate the work of all our staff and physicians to support patients and their families at this very trying time.”
For those who require medical attention on either of the two holidays:
• For health concerns that can wait a day or more, visit your family doctor
• Contact Health Connect Ontario to speak with a registered nurse 24/7 via phone or web chat
• Attend St. Joseph’s Urgent Care Centre located at 2757 King Street East (please see here for hours of operation)
• Go to the nearest emergency department or call 9-1-1 if you are having a medical emergency
• Go to needadoc.ca to learn more